Saturday, February 19, 2011

Openly Optimistic

I have been called optimistic to a fault.  Maybe you would even characterize it as naive!  I would like to think that the world will turn out fine and my children will be ok.

I do realize, though, that living in the moment and not looking toward the future can lead to a future of regrets.  So I am always trying to do the best for my children (even in the unborn state) as I can.  I will admit that I spend too much of my income on books, (ok my personal education, in general!). These books are always found stacked on my night stand, and next to my bath tub and under my coffee table, throughout the house.
As I start to ponder what the future holds, I realize that I can effect my future today.  SO today I learning ALL that I can about my pregnancy, and my preschooler.



When I write in the blog each time, I will be sharing with others what I am learning and how my children are benefiting from what I am learning.  I will always recommend that others pick up the books (or upload if you have caught the Kindle bug, as I have) and read the whole thing, but I am going to be sharing my applications of what I read, as well as the high lights. I hope that you find them beneficial.


As a teacher, I am lot like I am as a parent.  I am always looking for another idea, more research and  better strategies.  I often took those ideas and incorporated them with my own ideals.  When I came across this book, I KNEW it was a must read.  I have read others my Dr.Nelson and was very impressed.  I still believe to this day, that I was hired for one of the best schools in my school district after citing this author  during  my interview. 

The book is written in a very accepting and positive tone.  Parents will close the book each night feeling empowered and  will appreciate their child for the learning stage that they are in.  Each topic is enlightening and increases confidence as a parent. I LOVE that it gives specific anecdotes about children at all ages, 3-6 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment